Listen to McNary Music


Monday, March 15, 2010

the end of the day job

I feel the end of my day job fast approaching. I now own a complete PA system and will soon have shored up the weekly gigs to pay my monthly expenses. Playing at night and then working in the morning is starting to take it's toll on me....It's very hard for me to "turn it on" at night to perform, go to shows to support my friends in the music community etc etc and then simmer down in time for bed. its nearly 2:30AM and here I am working on my blog.....I just bought a Mackie PrFX 12 to go with my two Mackie SRM 450 powered speakers so I'm now equipped to do anything from a restaurant gig to a small rock Venue...The end of the day job is fast approaching..Music is what I do.

I was thinking about how just 3 years ago, I'd never been in a band and had barely ever even played out....Now I have shows in Atlanta and in neighboring states and have written nearly 40 tunes myself...There is much to be said for finding your vision and sticking to it...... As trite as it may come across god really does help those who help themselves

Tonight I played a couple of my tunes at The 5 Spot here in Atlanta with my good friend Josh Yoder who was the entertainment for the night....I truly felt greatly humbled to be sharing the stage with him, his brother Graham, and the gentleman from the band Stokeswood....All of them are so talented and genuine! To even be sharing the same stage is mind blowing for me. The growing sense of community and camaraderie that I sense between the musicians in these two bands in particular is exemplary and an example of where the Atlanta music scene is headed. Talented passionate people willing to work together for the betterment of us all. Good Things keep coming : ) I'm humbled to be part of what's happening. Sometimes I think it must be a dream..

No comments:

Post a Comment