Listen to McNary Music


Monday, April 5, 2010

Speaking of Faith...... Random Ramblings on Faith

How important is faith in your life? When I say faith, I AM NOT categorically referring to organized religion. I am referring to a strong belief in something or someone. How important is it to have faith your special someone loves you, wants the best for you and can be trusted, or that your band mates and music business partners are as focused and committed to your success as you are? How important is it for you to have that feeling in the deepest part of your gut that the course you are taking in life is right for you? How important is it for you to place your faith in people even when you know there's a chance that those people will fail? How important is faith in your own instinct when all you have to guide your are your determination and gut?

Faith is important to me because without faith I would've missed out on some of the greatest experiences of my life. Without faith that ALOT of people care deeply for their fellow citizens and want to make the world a better place, I would never have co-founded a non profit in college. Without faith in my ability to adapt I would never have spent two years in South America after college becoming fluent in Spanish and Portuguese, conquering my lifelong fear of the ocean, and learning to play guitar. I've also been on the ugly side of the faith paradigm Because I lacked faith in my musical abilities I stood back for two years after returning from Brazil before I began playing in public....faith and fear and are enemies while fear and pride are close friends...seriously.....Because I allowed fear instead of faith to rule my decisions over those two years, I hampered my musical progress and my career.... Where there is faith, fear has little room to co-exist. When you believe, fear of failure loses its power.

I've also found through personal experience that faith is a MUST for healthy personal and business relationships. People need us to place our faith in them whether they ultimately end up failing or not. How many times have you heard successful people emotionally thank those who believed in them.....Having faith in people empowers them by planting the seed of self confidence and BELIEF in themselves they need to fully harness their potential..........

No comments:

Post a Comment